Frequently Asked Questions
How do I:
- Transfer my stock?
- Change my address with the transfer agent?
- Inquire about dividend payments?
- Replace a lost dividend check or stock certificate?
Please contact our transfer agent at the address below or go directly to their website at www.astfinancial.com :
American Stock Transfer and Trust Company
59 Maiden Lane
New York, NY 10038
Attn: Shareholder Services
(718) 921-8124 or (800) 937-5449
How is my stock basis impacted when AMETEK declares a stock split?
Click here for stock basis reporting as required by the Internal Revenue Service.
Does AMETEK plan to increase the dividend on its stock?
The amount of dividends paid by AMETEK is determined quarterly by our Board of Directors. After reviewing the Company’s financial position, cash flow and earnings history, and future expectations, AMETEK’s Board of Directors, on February 1, 2018, announced a 56% increase in the quarterly common stock dividend to an indicated annual rate of $0.56 per share, effective with the first quarter 2018 dividend.
Does AMETEK have a Direct Stock Purchase Plan or a Dividend Reinvestment Plan (DRIP)?
AMETEK does offer a Direct Stock Purchase Plan and a Dividend Reinvestment Plan (DRIP). Additional information is available at www.astfinancial.com or by telephone at 1-877-854-0864 (Toll Free).
How can I get a history of AMETEK’s closing stock price?
Click here and you will have the option to enter a date and receive the closing stock price.
What stock exchanges does AMETEK trade on?
AMETEK trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol: AME
How do I contact AMETEK for additional information?
You can e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at 800-473-1286.
Book-Entry Share Ownership Through a Direct Registration System
What is Direct Registration?
Direct Registration is a method of recording shares of stock in book-entry form. Instead of being represented by a physical share certificate, your AMETEK shares are held in your name and recorded electronically on our records, which are maintained at our transfer agent, American Stock Transfer and Trust Company (AST). Shares held in book-entry have all the traditional rights and privileges of shares held in certificate form.
What are the benefits of book-entry?
Book-entry through Direct Registration System (DRS) is becoming the standard in share ownership because it:
- Eliminates the risks and costs associated with storing certificates and replacing lost or stolen certificates.
- Permits electronic share transactions between your broker or dealer and AST.
How do I participate in DRS?
If you currently hold certificates, they are still valid and you do not need to take any action. If you would like, you can direct that existing physical certificates be converted to book-entry shares at any time by sending your physical share certificates along with a letter of instruction to AST at the address listed below. No endorsements on the certificates are required. The method of delivery of certificates is at your election and risk. If delivered by mail, we recommend registered, insured mail. A DRS Transaction Advice Form will be mailed to you within 72 hours of receipt of your request.
Can I get a stock certificate for my book-entry shares?
You can request a physical share certificate representing all or a portion of your AMETEK full book-entry shares at any time. To request a certificate for your book-entry shares, you may call AST, visit their website, or prepare a written instruction and mail it to AST at the address listed below. A physical certificate for your full shares will be mailed to you within approximately two business days of the receipt of your request.
How do I transfer my book-entry shares to my brokerage account?
If you wish to transfer your book-entry shares to your brokerage account, the following options are available to you:
- If your broker is a participant in the DRS Profile system, your broker may request your shares from AST utilizing the automated Profile system (AST’s DTC Participant Number is 7805). You must provide your broker with AMETEK’s CUSIP number (031100100), your shareholder account number, your taxpayer identification number and the name in which the shares are registered. You must also provide your broker with the number of shares that you wish to transfer. Please be advised that your broker may request that you send him/her a copy of the statement of your book-entry shares with AST.
- If your broker is not a participant in the DRS Profile system, please write to AST at the address listed below, instructing AST to credit your brokerage account. You must include your AST account number, the name of your brokerage institution, your brokerage account number and the number of shares that you wish to transfer. Your letter of instruction must be signed by all owners listed in the account registration and the signatures must be guaranteed by a bank, broker or other financial institution that is a member of a Securities Transfer Association-approved medallion program such as STAMP, SEMP or MSP. It would speed processing if you include a copy of the statement of your book-entry shares with AST. Please coordinate with your broker to ensure that they will accept share delivery via the Direct Registration system.
How can I sell my Direct Registration shares?
- Selling shares through AST’s Investors Choice Direct Stock Purchase & Sale Plan
To authorize the sale, you may contact AST by internet: www.astfinancial.com or prepare a written instruction and mail it to AST at the address listed below.
- Selling Direct Registration shares through a broker or dealer
How do I contact American Stock Transfer & Trust Company Shareholder Services?
If you wish to transfer your book-entry shares to your brokerage account, sell shares, request a physical share certificate or for general information, you may reach AST:
- By Telephone:
1-800-937-5449 (toll-free). Shareholders outside of the U.S. and Canada can call 1-718-921-8124
- By Internet:
- By Mail:
American Stock Transfer & Trust Company
59 Maiden Lane
New York, NY 10038
Attn: Shareholder Services